Monday, October 5th, 2015. Aaron Humes Reporting: Orange Walk police say that Carlos Griffith, also known as “Paraquat”, died of injuries sustaining in a vicious attack earlier this week in the center of town, and they are now investigating his death as a homicide.
The 63 year old succumbed to his injuries on Friday night, October 2 in hospital around 8:25 p.m. As reported by CTV-3 News of Orange Walk, Griffith was defending a companion from a group of men on Queen Victoria Avenue when he was attacked and left for dead.
It is alleged that the attackers who seemed under the influence of alcohol, and are believed to be from Belize City, attacked Paraquat, threatened others and demanded for a girl who was eating to accompany them.
The injured Griffith was then left for dead until about half hour later when a Good Samaritan checked on him and called the authorities. According to CTV-3, because Paraquat did not want to seek medical attention – he reportedly feared injections – the police said that they could not do anything for him if he does not cooperate with them.
Shortly after, the same Good Samaritan picked him up and took him in his vehicle to the Northern Regional Hospital. That individual told CTV-3 that he observed several large gashes and flesh wounds on Griffith’s head and face.
His alleged attackers, we are told, then walked towards the bus terminal where they reportedly boarded the bus to Belize City. Griffith was transferred to the Karl Heusner Memorial Hospital, where his body now awaits a post-mortem examination.
Looking for Internet marketing, social media presence and direct email exposure to a Belizean oriented market of over 300,000 individuals every month? Breaking Belize News is able to offer a marketing package that uses internet, social media and email to reach over 300,000 Belizean-centric potential customers each month.
Email us at email@example.com for more information.