Wednesday, July 2, 2014. ORANGE WALK BUREAU Reporting: The family of 71 year old Ramon Cervantes Senior continues to hold out hopes for his safe return after he was reported missing on Tuesday afternoon.
Police and Belize Defence Force soldiers along with friends and family continue to conduct searches in the Orange Walk district to try and locate Cervantes or gather clues that could lead to his location.
Cervantes had gone to his cane field as he normally does; but when he did not go home for lunch, the family started to get worried.
When family members went to the cane field on the San Roman road yesterday afternoon, they found Cervantes’ Land Rover and other belongings; but his son Ramon Cervantes, Junior says that when they saw the carton core of a duct tape, they further believed that the former Mayor and former Senator had been taken against his will.
Regional Commander for the north, Superintendent of Police Joseph Myvett told reporters that since Cervantes’ vehicle was located and he was not, an immediate search was launched but so far there are no leads in the case. Police continue to treat the matter as a missing person’s case.
© 2014, BreakingBelizeNews.com. This article is the copyrighted property of Breaking Belize News. Written permission must be obtained before reprint in online or print media. REPRINTING CONTENT WITHOUT PERMISSION AND/OR PAYMENT IS THEFT AND PUNISHABLE BY LAW.