Traffic accident in Stann Creek leaves man hospitalized
December 26, 2014
Children knocked down on the George Price Highway
December 27, 2014

American retiree dead; police say its suicide

Suicide Report

Posted: Saturday, December 27, 2014. 2:34 pm CST.

Suicide Report

Suicide Report

Saturday, December 27, 2014. PATRICK E. JONES Reporting: Police in Ladyville village, Belize district, have concluded that an American retiree took his own life on Christmas day.

The body of 66 year old Timothy Patrick McNamara was found by police on Thursday night on the veranda of a house in Boston village.

McNamara had a gunshot wound to the head.

The official police report says that a 43 year old woman told authorities that she and McNamara were in the kitchen of the same house talking about financial difficulties there were having.

The woman told police that McNamara went on to the veranda and that she heard a single gunshot and then found him with the gunshot wound to the head and her licensed 9 millimeter pistol beside him.

Police say they recovered a single expended 9 mm shell and the pistol itself with a magazine with 6 live rounds.

Police have classified the incident as a suicide but say that their investigations continue.

Advertise with the largest and fastest growing audience in Belize ~ We offer fully customizable and flexible digital marketing packages. Your content is delivered instantly to thousands of users in Belize and abroad! Contact us at [email protected] or call us at 670-6397.

© 2014, BreakingBelizeNews.com. This article is the copyrighted property of Breaking Belize News. Written permission must be obtained before reprint in online or print media. REPRINTING CONTENT WITHOUT PERMISSION AND/OR PAYMENT IS THEFT AND PUNISHABLE BY LAW.

Comments

11 Comments

1. Rich wickwire says:

Does anyone know where Tim Mcnamara was from. I’ve just been informed of a Tim m. That I know died of gunshot in mexico. Appreciate any info.

2. John Mc Namara says:

Whole situation seems strange to me, his brother, at 68yr. As long as I have known Tim, this is very unlike his behavior. It was his 4th marriage and first move away from his home of nearly 64 years. His marriage to Tracy(my legally recognized daughter in Washington State) was so similar to his father’s marriage to a woman of my age 40 years earlier.
    His death has brought a lot of questions to our family, relatives and friends who knew either one or the other or both of them. I am hopeful there will be more investigations into this event.

• Wmorgan says:

John, you have to come to Belize and follow through with the investigation….Yes, you are so right the whole story does not add up. We knew Tim and met him on several times while he was building his place. We have property just up the road from him….A man going to commit suicide is not going to shout himself in the back of the head. Nor an intruder going to roam through the house for the common law wife’s gun….this story does not add up….You have to come here and push the police for answers or it will go unsolved and an suicide.

3. Terry McNamara says:

Rick Tim was from Soap Lake.

4. Clinton B. Langford says:

The Eagles. this is such sad news, do so hope there will be closure on this. deepest condolences. keep family and friends close at this time. respect and love. Clinton.

5. Stephanie Morton says:

This is the tim McNamara from soap lake wa.

6. john McNamara says:

Tim lived in Soap Lake, Washington all of his life.

7. BUtch Jackman says:

I must echo John’s concerns for complete closure in this matter. Perhaps time will be the only peace of mind that will allow us the ability of understanding. Tim and I grew up together in Soap Lake and enjoyed many memorable moments of which I will always treasure. I am deeply saddened by his passing and offer this quote to the family .
    I pray that our heavenly father may assuage the anguish of your bereavement and leave you only the cherished memory , of a love lost.

Abraham Lincoln

8. Caleb Mcnamara says:

Who is this? I would like you to contact me I am his son and in belize now. Please call or text 509-760-1275

9. Jen says:

Who is WMorgan?

10. john henry browne says:

I am an attorney in Washington State and represent Tracy McNamara. She is innocent of any wrongdoing and all controversy is fueled by angry money obsessed relatives. The official ORIGINAL report said “suicide” and that is what happened. The Police report was changed after $ was spread around police officials. One police official requested a bribe from Ms McNamara.

Internationally know Forensic Examiners have view what evidence we can get from Belize officials and concluded the ONLY explanation is suicide.

If you want to know more about me, Google me.

I can not get officials to even return phone calls or emails letting me know if there is a warrant or not.

This is a corrupt mess that if it goes further will not put your wonderful country in a positive light. Please respond. Thanks. JHB