B2S-2017_BBN
Belmopan Area Students Showcase Talents
April 17, 2015
Jaguar’s Striker is back in the Jewel
April 17, 2015

Half a million looted from Treasury?

Friday, April 17th, 2015. BMG: The Government of Belize faces some financial worries, as police are investigating a reported theft from the Treasury. Certainly more than $350,000 and reports say as much as half a million, up to reportedly a million dollars was taken in several installments. But how was it done? Prime Minister and Minister of Finance Dean Barrow, who was briefed earlier this week by Financial Secretary Joseph Waight, says certain officials participated in a scam involving Government accounts over a period of time without notice from the bosses. dean barrow (leader, united democratic party use for santi story only)

They would access legitimate payments for particular accounts, changing account numbers while retaining the names. One of the local banks apparently caught on when it found a mismatch between a certain name and account number and reported the matter.

While police are still investigating the Prime Minister says arrests, as of when he was last briefed, are yet to come. They are still gathering evidence in the case. He referred the press to FinSec Waight for an update as of tomorrow after he is briefed or the Central Bank.

 

© 2015, BreakingBelizeNews.com. This article is the copyrighted property of Breaking Belize News. Written permission must be obtained before reprint in online or print media. REPRINTING CONTENT WITHOUT PERMISSION AND/OR PAYMENT IS THEFT AND PUNISHABLE BY LAW.

Comments

[email protected]
[email protected]
Patrickjonesbelize.com is a Belizean online news agregator and blog that is owned by the Belize Media Group. The site offers breaking news, blogs, and original content and covers politics, business, entertainment, environment, technology, popular media, lifestyle, culture and local news on Belize.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *