Prime Minister Barrow is sworn in
November 5, 2015
OAS submits election report
November 6, 2015

Two men charged with 13 counts of possession of false documents

Mark rosales false documentsThursday, November 5th, 2015. Aaron Humes Reporting: Mark Rosales and Marcos Basto, two residents of San Pedro, Corozal, who allegedly had false Belizean certificates of registration, were charged with 13 counts of possession of false documents when they appeared today before Magistrate Deborah Rogers. They pled not guilty to the charges.

Magistrate Rogers explained to them they can be tried for the offences either in the Magistrate Court or the Supreme Court and that the choice was theirs to make. She also told them that the penalty at the Magate Court is a maximum sentence of 2 years or a fine of $6,000 or both fine and imprisonment.

She said that the penalty at the Supreme Court is a mandatory sentence of 2 years. Rosales and Basto were busted with the false documents yesterday in Belize City. The documents had the names of 13 persons registered as citizens of Belize.

Scotiabank

Rosales and Basto were each offered a bail of $2,000, but so far, only Basto has met bail. Their next court date is December 29.Marcos Basto false documents

© 2015, BreakingBelizeNews.com. This article is the copyrighted property of Breaking Belize News. Written permission must be obtained before reprint in online or print media. REPRINTING CONTENT WITHOUT PERMISSION AND/OR PAYMENT IS THEFT AND PUNISHABLE BY LAW.

 

Comments

[email protected]
[email protected]

Patrickjonesbelize.com is a Belizean online news agregator and blog that is owned by the Belize Media Group. The site offers breaking news, blogs, and original content and covers politics, business, entertainment, environment, technology, popular media, lifestyle, culture and local news on Belize.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *