By Aaron Humes: 21 year old Paul Jex, Junior, has been told that he must re-apply for bail at the Supreme Court on a charge of rape levied on him on Monday.
Until he does, he has been remanded to the Belize Central Prison, after being charged with rape of a watchman’s wife during the Sarkis Bou Nehra home invasion which occurred on December 4, 2015 in Burrell Boom Village.
The charge follows a forensic examination done on DNA samples which are said to be linked to Jex and not Tyrone Meighan, who had been initially charged with the rape but has now seen those charges withdrawn.
According to the court prosecutor, Jex is under directive from the Supreme Court judge who previously granted bail on a charge of handling stolen goods that he must re-apply there since this is a new allegation against him.
Jex next appears in court on July 28, 2016. Chief Magistrate Ann-Marie Smith has planned case management in relation to the 18 defendants charged for multiple offenses in the Abou-Nehra case.
Looking for Internet marketing, social media presence and direct email exposure to a Belizean oriented market of over 500,000 individuals every month? Breaking Belize News is able to offer a marketing package that uses internet, social media and email to reach over 500,000 Belizean-centric potential customers each month.
Email us at email@example.com for more information.