Posted: Wednesday, August 24, 2016. 4:03 p.m. CST.
By BBN Staff: A formal protest led by Patrick Menzies’ Alliance of Ministers and Leaders of Belize and supported by COLA, the I Want My Country Back Movement, other church organizations and civil society, will take place on Friday in Belmopan during the House meeting.
The Executive Body of the hereby declare that:
According to the Alliance, it is a call on the Government of Belize to Uphold the Constitutional Rights of all Belizeans and not shirk its RESPONSIBILITY to obey the Spirit of our Founding Document, the Supreme Law of Belize.
Specifically, the Alliance demands the following:
1. Safeguard ALL those afore mentioned PRINCIPLES and the SPIRIT of the CONSTITUTION of Belize
2. Constitutionalize SEX as meaning Male and Female ONLY (as established SCIENTIFICALLY/NATURALLY thru one’s Physical and Physiological make-up)
3. Overturn the CJ’s Ruling on Section 53 (through whatever means possible, with IMMEDIATE EFFECT)
4. Constitutionalize Marriage between ONE Man and ONE Woman ONLY
5. Protect Our Children, Families and Private and Public Institutions from the LGBT AGENDA
6. Rescind the Gender Policy 2013 – and only Relaunch a Modified policy WITH NO SPECIAL TREATMENT or BENEFIT TO LGBT nor MSMs, and REMOVE ALL REFERENCES TO THE GENDER AGENDA and LGBT
7. Withdraw the HFLE Manual from schools and REMOVE ALL REFERENCES TO THE GENDER AGENDA and LGBT
8. Launch an Independent International Investigation in the Mason/ Pastor Lucas’ case
9. Sign the Anti-Corruption Convention NOW
10. Activate the Integrity Commission NOW
It sets a deadline of next Tuesday evening for a favorable response and the following day,Wednesday for implementation to begin and reminds that only the power of the people can bring politicians to heel.
© 2016, BreakingBelizeNews.com. This article is the copyrighted property of Breaking Belize News. Written permission must be obtained before reprint in online or print media. REPRINTING CONTENT WITHOUT PERMISSION AND/OR PAYMENT IS THEFT AND PUNISHABLE BY LAW.