Gas tank explosion caused Chateau inferno

Posted: Wednesday, December 7, 2016. 8:42 a.m. CST.

fire-nov-27

By BBN Staff: A leaking gas tank caused an explosion which ultimately led to the fire that destroyed the historic Chateau Caribbean almost two weeks ago, according to Fire Chief Ted Smith.

The fire reportedly began  near the rear of the building close to the kitchen of the 89-year-old building.

In the blaze, staff and guests escaped the building without injury.

The total cost of the loss has not yet been determined.

Today's News Sponsored By:
[metaslider id=26301]
[metaslider id=26328]
[metaslider id=26793]

Get the latest from Breaking Belize News anywhere, anytime

Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *