PUP demands re-registration
January 31, 2017
Man shot on Monday night
February 1, 2017

BTEC awards certificates on tourism based training


Posted: Tuesday, January 31, 2017. 4:47 pm CST.

By BBN Staff: The Belize Training and Employment Centre (BTEC), a unit of BELTRAIDE, will award certificates tomorrow, February 1st, to 66 persons who completed a tourism-based Job Preparedness Training in Belize City, which was held from 11th –27th January, 2017.

The Job Preparedness Training had the participation of one of the largest groups and was made up of two components: soft skills (attitudes and behaviors) and technical skills (industry specific).

This was the first time in Belize City that BTEC executed training in three technical areas: Front Desk, Introduction to Bartending and House-keeping/Janitorial.

Sixty-six persons completed the training with over 98 percent completing successfully and the remaining 2 percent receiving certificates of participation. Each participant was required to sit a Pre-test in English, Customer Service and Basic Tourism Facts.

All participants had to successfully complete six days of soft skills and two days of customer service before they could begin their technical training.

BTEC partnered with Happy Maids for the execution of the House-keeping/Janitorial training. The training included both theory and practical. Participants went into the community and showcased their skills by cleaning homes and offices.

BTEC continued its partnership with the Belize Institute of Mixology for the delivery of the Introduction to Bartending and for the first time was able to offer Advanced Bartending training to participants.

Participants had to successfully complete both theory and practical for the Introduction before they were allowed to move on to the Advanced Level.

BTEC’s staff facilitated the front desk training and was able to reach out to Ezee Solutions, a company that has front desk software, which was incorporated into the training.


Аdvеrtіѕе wіth thе most visited news site in Веlіzе ~ Wе оffеr fullу сuѕtоmіzаblе аnd flехіblе dіgіtаl mаrkеtіng расkаgеѕ. Yоur соntеnt іѕ dеlіvеrеd іnѕtаntlу tо thоuѕаndѕ оf uѕеrѕ іn Веlіzе аnd аbrоаd! Соntасt uѕ аt [email protected] оr саll uѕ аt 501-601-0315.


© 2017, BreakingBelizeNews.com. This article is the copyrighted property of Breaking Belize News. Written permission must be obtained before reprint in online or print media. REPRINTING CONTENT WITHOUT PERMISSION AND/OR PAYMENT IS THEFT AND PUNISHABLE BY LAW.

  • Belize Job Portal
  • larry waight
  • galen university


Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *