Posted: Tuesday, February 21, 2017. 2:48 pm CST.
By BBN Staff: A new born baby boy initially suffering from digestive challenges went into surgery but left with his right foot badly burnt last week.
According to his family, the digestive surgery was successful but afterward he was sent to the pediatric ward of the Karl Heusner Memorial Hospital to fully recover.
However, while in the ward on drips, one of his veins blew out and the medication leaked inside his flesh and burned him. Doctors reportedly had to peel his skin to apply peroxide and saline to clean the wound and bandage it.
According to the family, the nurse did not check if the drip was properly inserted inside the child’s vein.
To date, the family claims that they have been unable to file an official complaint in the hospital. Additionally, they are complaining that this mishap has forced them to spend monies that they do not have.
When our newsroom contacted Tylon Tillet, Public Relations Officer at the KHMH he refused to comment on this matter claiming that they do not want to violate patient’s rights by disclosing the information.
Tillet also stated that the KHMH has scheduled a meeting with the family. We understand that the newborn baby remains traumatized by the ordeal.
Advertise with the largest and fastest growing audience in Belize ~ We offer fully customizable and flexible digital marketing packages. Your content is delivered instantly to thousands of users in Belize and abroad! Contact us at [email protected] or call us at 670-6397.
© 2017, BreakingBelizeNews.com. This article is the copyrighted property of Breaking Belize News. Written permission must be obtained before reprint in online or print media. REPRINTING CONTENT WITHOUT PERMISSION AND/OR PAYMENT IS THEFT AND PUNISHABLE BY LAW.