A turbulent women’s month in Belize – Lisa Shoman speaks
March 16, 2017
Southside family of 7 homeless after losing home again to fire
March 16, 2017

85 year old woman burns to death

Posted: Thursday, March 16, 2017. 2:26 pm CST.

By BBN Staff:A veteran campaigner and life long supporter of the People’s United Party, 85 year old Louise Berry was burnt alive inside her home early this morning.

Sometime before 2 a.m. cops responded to reports of a house on fire at # 32 Iguana Street in Belize City.

Upon arrival it was noted that a very small green and brown wooden house was engulfed in flames. The fire was quickly extinguished by members of the Fire Department. However, upon checking inside the house, police found the charred remains of the senior citizen.

Preliminary information suggests that the fire started from a candle.

The total value of items lost in the fire is yet to be determined.

BBN extends condolences to the family of the senior citizen.



Advertise with the largest and fastest growing audience in Belize ~ We offer fully customizable and flexible digital marketing packages. Your content is delivered instantly to thousands of users in Belize and abroad! Contact us at [email protected] or call us at 670-6397.


© 2017, BreakingBelizeNews.com. This article is the copyrighted property of Breaking Belize News. Written permission must be obtained before reprint in online or print media. REPRINTING CONTENT WITHOUT PERMISSION AND/OR PAYMENT IS THEFT AND PUNISHABLE BY LAW.


Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *