Ministry of Health Wants You to “Unite to End TB” on World Tuberculosis DayMarch 22, 2017
Parents camping out all night to get their kids into prestigious primary schoolMarch 22, 2017
Posted: Wednesday, March 22, 2017. 6:46 p.m. CST.
By BBN Staff: The Lands and Surveys Department issued a release today stating that it has been informed that a person or persons are reportedly involved in unauthorized distribution and surveying of lots within Parcels 945, 946, 947 and 948 Mount Pleasant Registration Section, situated at the intersection of the More Tomorrow Road and George Price Highway between Miles 42 and 43 near Cotton Tree Village.
The Lands and Surveys Department warns the general public and especially the residents of Cotton Tree and More Tomorrow Villages and surrounding communities that:
- Parcels 945, 946, 947 and 948 are private lands.
- That private landowners wishing to subdivide land must submit an application to the Land Subdivision and Utilization Authority for approval.
- That no applicant for subdivision can lawfully sell or in any manner alienate part of land which is to be subdivided until final subdivision approval has been granted.
- The Lands and Surveys Department is not processing any application for lease or permissions to survey for lots in the abovenamed parcels as these lands are private lands.
- All persons engaged in unauthorized land distribution and unauthorized surveying of land are advised to cease such actions immediately.
- It is the responsibility of landowners to ensure their property is not illegally occupied.
- That squatting (illegal occupation of land) on all lands, both public and private, is illegal.
- The Government of Belize does not condone squatting.
© 2017, BreakingBelizeNews.com. This article is the copyrighted property of Breaking Belize News. Written permission must be obtained before reprint in online or print media. REPRINTING CONTENT WITHOUT PERMISSION AND/OR PAYMENT IS THEFT AND PUNISHABLE BY LAW.