House burns in Belmopan

Share on Facebook0Tweet about this on TwitterShare on Google+0Share on LinkedIn0

Posted: Sunday, July 2, 2017. 9:21 a.m. CST.

By BBN Staff: Bernard Lino, 65, of Ortanique Street, Belmopan City reported that on Thursday at 6:30 p.m. he was at home watching news when he smelt something burning.

Lino told police that he made checks in one of the bed rooms and noticed that the mattress was on fire.

Lino immediately called the fire station for assistance.

Shortly after, fire personnel arrived at the scene and extinguished the fire.

In the fire, Lino lost a double bed with double mattress, a flat screen television, a standing fan, a portable air conditioner unit, two wooden closets, two chest of drawers, one single sofa, four suit cases containing clothing, one double glass louvers window with burglar bars and three sheets of sheetrock.

The house is insured with RF&G. The value of the damage has not yet been ascertained. Police are investigating

© 2017, BreakingBelizeNews.com. This article is the copyrighted property of Breaking Belize News. Written permission must be obtained before reprint in online or print media. REPRINTING CONTENT WITHOUT PERMISSION AND/OR PAYMENT IS THEFT AND PUNISHABLE BY LAW.

Today's News Sponsored By:

Comments

Get the latest from Breaking Belize News anywhere, anytime

Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *