Posted: Wednesday, November 29, 2017. 8:40 a.m. CST.
By BBN Staff: Yesterday, officials from the Ministry of Works and the Ministry of Transport met with Rene Perez, the Head of the Caribbean Regional Office for the European Investment Bank to look at potential projects for financing.
The Government of Belize (GOB) officials included Rene Montero, Minister of Works; Edmond Castro, Minister of Transport & National Emergency Management; Errol Gentle, CEO in the Ministry of Works; Ruth Meighan, CEO in the Ministry of Transport and National Emergency Management; and Lennox Bradley, Chief Engineer in the Ministry of Works.
While the discussions were preliminary, GOB officials are hopeful that some positive results will be forthcoming.
Potential projects included:
– Replacing of Pueblo Nuevo and Laguna Seca Ferries with bridges as well as paving of the Sarteneja Road
– Paving of San Estevan/Progresso Road
– Paving of Old Northern Highway
– Construction of Bus Terminal in Orange Walk
– Construction of a bridge over Belize River linking St Paul’s Bank with Big Falls
© 2017, BreakingBelizeNews.com. This article is the copyrighted property of Breaking Belize News. Written permission must be obtained before reprint in online or print media. REPRINTING CONTENT WITHOUT PERMISSION AND/OR PAYMENT IS THEFT AND PUNISHABLE BY LAW.