One dead in early morning vehicle mishap
December 12, 2017
Police find 25 cases of contraband beers
December 12, 2017

Police say butane tank exploded and caused fire

Posted: Tuesday, December 12, 2017. 2:11 pm CST.

By BBN Staff: Police have released an official report on the early morning blaze on Belize City’s south side.

According to the report, at about 10:20 a.m. today, police visited  #16 Iguana St where they observed a two storey building engulfed in flames.

Initial investigation reveals that about 9:50 a.m., John Amos, 37, a caretaker of the residence went to the kitchen and was about to light the stove when the butane tank that was in the kitchen exploded.

The fire was extinguished by personnel from the Fire Department.

The house was completely destroyed.

The total value of the loss has not yet been ascertained.


Аdvеrtіѕе wіth thе most visited news site in Веlіzе ~ Wе оffеr fullу сuѕtоmіzаblе аnd flехіblе dіgіtаl mаrkеtіng расkаgеѕ. Yоur соntеnt іѕ dеlіvеrеd іnѕtаntlу tо thоuѕаndѕ оf uѕеrѕ іn Веlіzе аnd аbrоаd! Соntасt uѕ аt [email protected] оr саll uѕ аt 501-601-0315.


© 2017, BreakingBelizeNews.com. This article is the copyrighted property of Breaking Belize News. Written permission must be obtained before reprint in online or print media. REPRINTING CONTENT WITHOUT PERMISSION AND/OR PAYMENT IS THEFT AND PUNISHABLE BY LAW.

  • Galen University
  • larry waight
  • Galen University

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *