Delmas Zelaya charged for One Mall robbery
January 3, 2018
Couple shot in Belama, one dead
January 3, 2018

Michelle Brown remains silent

 Posted: Wednesday, January 3, 2018. 9:39 a.m. CST.
By BBN Staff: Yesterday, disgraced woman police constable, Michelle Brown, who was assigned to the Special Assignment Team, was charged for the murder of Fareed Ahmad.

Brown was also disciplinary charged for neglect of duty in that she failed to hand over her issued firearm before reporting off duty, act of prejudice to good order and discipline by the unlawful harm resulting in the death of Fareed Ahmad.

Assistant Commisioner of Police, Chester Williams explained that Brown has exercised her right to remain silent: “In the absence of her saying anything, there is nothing that we can do to compel her to speak on that matter,” Williams said

Williams also explained that from eye witness accounts, Brown was the only other person inside the vehicle with Ahmad at the time of the incident.

Police also informed that when Brown signed out of duty, she failed to hand in her police issued firearm which she is believed to have killed Ahmad with.

Ahmad was murdered on the morning of December 28, 2017 when he was shot inside his SUV. He thereafter crashed into a parked vehicle on the George Price highway less than a mile away from his home in Hattieville.

A postmortem examination was conducted on Friday and the doctor certified that Ahmad died as a result of blunt force trauma to the head caused by the accident as well as a consequence of gunshot wounds to the face.

The Ahmad family held a press conference yesterday questioning the mandate of the Special Assignment Team since Fareed had mentioned to them that he had a previous encounter with the notorious unit. The family also said that they are certain that Fareed and the WPC were not acquaintances and questioned what she was doing in Fareed’s vehicle at that time.

The family also explained that their home had been raided by SAT Commander, Marco Vidal and Fareed was previously given a drug charge which was later stuck out in court.

Arrangements have been made for members of the Belize Police Department along with the Ahmad family to review the contents of Fareed’s cell phone, which is currently with the Ahmad’s.

© 2018, This article is the copyrighted property of Breaking Belize News. Written permission must be obtained before reprint in online or print media. REPRINTING CONTENT WITHOUT PERMISSION AND/OR PAYMENT IS THEFT AND PUNISHABLE BY LAW.


Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *