Posted: Tuesday, January 16, 2018. 3:02 p.m. CST.
By BBN Staff: The Government of Belize, through the Ministry of Works, signed a contract today with Caribbean Civil Group Ltd. of Nassau, Bahamas.
The agreement is for the feasibility study and final design for the upgrading of 5.6 km of Crooked Tree village road and causeway to paved standard.
The contract is value at a total of US $375,092.18.
The scope of services to be undertaken by Caribbean Civil Group Ltd. will include a:
– Climate Vulnerability Assessment, Hydraulic, and Flood Risk Modelling
– Community Vulnerability Assessment
– Gender Sensitive Feasibility study
– Environmental and Social Impact Assessment
– Preliminary and Final Detailed Designs of the Crooked Tree Road and Causeway
The study is being jointly funded by the Government of Belize with technical assistance from the Caribbean Development Bank.
It is anticipated that the study will commence by January 29, and expected to be completed within eight months thereafter.
© 2018, BreakingBelizeNews.com. This article is the copyrighted property of Breaking Belize News. Written permission must be obtained before reprint in online or print media. REPRINTING CONTENT WITHOUT PERMISSION AND/OR PAYMENT IS THEFT AND PUNISHABLE BY LAW.