Posted: Friday, June 8, 2018. 11: 50 a.m. CST.
By BBN Staff: Before he left office, former Belize City Mayor, Darrel Bradley, had undertaken an initiative to cover missing manholes in the old capital.
However, to date, there continues to be a considerable amount of open manholes.
During a press conference at City Hall today, we asked newly elected Mayor, Bernard Wagner, for a comment on the state of the manholes.
He revealed that Councilor responsible for Works, Albert Vaughan, has embarked on a campaign to rid the city of these hazardous and problematic manholes.
According to Wagner, when he assumed office, he discovered that there had already been a contract in place for the manholes to be covered.
And so he immediately contacted the contractor and asked that he maintains his portion of the agreement.
All over Belize City, we can see that there have been several major manholes covered.
“Everyday someone falls into a manhole,” said Mayor Wagner who added that several requests for medical attention have come to the council as a direct result of persons falling inside manholes and injuring themselves.
He said he wants to see the city safer and so his council remains committed to this initiative.
© 2018, BreakingBelizeNews.com. This article is the copyrighted property of Breaking Belize News. Written permission must be obtained before reprint in online or print media. REPRINTING CONTENT WITHOUT PERMISSION AND/OR PAYMENT IS THEFT AND PUNISHABLE BY LAW.