Posted: Thursday, October 18, 2018. 1:59 pm CST.
By BBN Staff: Last week, the Southern and Western Caucuses of the People’s United Party (PUP) met with the newly formed Peace Movement.
The meeting was called primarily to get the views of Belizeans who are opposed to the adjudication of the territorial dispute by the International Court of Justice (ICJ).
Among the discussions were how the Government of Belize is handling the ICJ education campaign and the collaboration of the PUP on this matter.
The following were among the decisions agreed upon:-
1. Recognition of the special role of women and solicitation of their support in the campaign.
2. Organizing and establishing offices in strategic locations.
3. Internationalization and support to the NO to ICJ campaign.
4. Call on the Opposition party and for transparency and accountability of funding utilized by the government in its advocacy campaign.
5. Call for greater participation of civil society including the Unions and Business Community in the awareness campaign.
6. Preparation of consolidated NO to ICJ position for circulation countrywide.
Further meetings have been scheduled and activities will be intensified as the date for the referendum on the ICJ draws near.
The Peace Movement encourages Belizeans to keep in tune and support the patriotic effort.
Аdvеrtіѕе wіth thе most visited news site in Веlіzе ~ Wе оffеr fullу сuѕtоmіzаblе аnd flехіblе dіgіtаl mаrkеtіng расkаgеѕ. Yоur соntеnt іѕ dеlіvеrеd іnѕtаntlу tо thоuѕаndѕ оf uѕеrѕ іn Веlіzе аnd аbrоаd! Соntасt uѕ аt firstname.lastname@example.org оr саll uѕ аt 501-601-0315.
© 2018, BreakingBelizeNews.com. This article is the copyrighted property of Breaking Belize News. Written permission must be obtained before reprint in online or print media. REPRINTING CONTENT WITHOUT PERMISSION AND/OR PAYMENT IS THEFT AND PUNISHABLE BY LAW.