Posted: Friday, November 23, 2018. 7:26 am CST.
By BBN Staff: United States Secretary of State, Micheal Pompeo today issued a statement informing that the migrant caravans will not be allowed to enter the United States.
Pompeo says that he is in close contact with Mexican Foreign Affairs officials to discuss the migrant caravans. “We have affirmed our shared commitment to addressing the current challenge. The caravans will not be permitted to enter the United States. There are real dangers to the safety and human rights of migrants from those who would prey on them.”
Furthermore, Pompeo says that he looks forward to working with the incoming Mexican government on all aspects of their relationship, including exploring opportunities to spur job creation in the region, including in Southern Mexico, to benefit the government and people of Mexico.
The migrant caravan left Honduras on October 13. Many of the immigrants are fleeing their countries due to poverty and crime. Since then, the group has swollen to thousands with more residents of Central American nations joining in.
The group is currently in Tijuana, the US Southern border with Mexico.
US President Donald Trump has deployed troops to the border with Mexico to strengthen their border security.
Аdvеrtіѕе wіth thе most visited news site in Веlіzе ~ Wе оffеr fullу сuѕtоmіzаblе аnd flехіblе dіgіtаl mаrkеtіng расkаgеѕ. Yоur соntеnt іѕ dеlіvеrеd іnѕtаntlу tо thоuѕаndѕ оf uѕеrѕ іn Веlіzе аnd аbrоаd! Соntасt uѕ аt email@example.com оr саll uѕ аt 501-601-0315.
© 2018, BreakingBelizeNews.com. This article is the copyrighted property of Breaking Belize News. Written permission must be obtained before reprint in online or print media. REPRINTING CONTENT WITHOUT PERMISSION AND/OR PAYMENT IS THEFT AND PUNISHABLE BY LAW.