Posted: Friday, February 8, 2019. 1:11 pm CST.
By BBN Staff: Moments ago, a quick response from building tenants and the Belize Fire Department saved a building on Princess Margaret Drive in Belize City from major damage.
Shortly before noon, a gas fire broke out on the building, which has several units of office space and is home to the House of Shotokan (HOS) Karate Academy.
Nino Carlo Reyes, who has an office on the building said that his staff alerted him to the smell of smoke, but no one thought it was serious because they are aware that the HOS also sells food.
Reyes said that as the smell grew stronger he went to investigate to find that the fire had broken out so he and others from the building went with fire extinguishers trying to keep it under control until the authorities arrived.
Reyes said that they had removed one gas tank already when they heard the hissing sound of another tank and decided to keep clear until help arrived.
“The first fire truck showed up and the guys were equipped and ready to go. They really responded quickly and the disaster was averted,” Reyes said.
Аdvеrtіѕе wіth thе most visited news site in Веlіzе ~ Wе оffеr fullу сuѕtоmіzаblе аnd flехіblе dіgіtаl mаrkеtіng расkаgеѕ. Yоur соntеnt іѕ dеlіvеrеd іnѕtаntlу tо thоuѕаndѕ оf uѕеrѕ іn Веlіzе аnd аbrоаd! Соntасt uѕ аt firstname.lastname@example.org оr саll uѕ аt 501-601-0315.
© 2019, BreakingBelizeNews.com. This article is the copyrighted property of Breaking Belize News. Written permission must be obtained before reprint in online or print media. REPRINTING CONTENT WITHOUT PERMISSION AND/OR PAYMENT IS THEFT AND PUNISHABLE BY LAW.