fbpx
Corozal police find cocaine on the street
May 24, 2019
This Is The Belize Guide Book You Need to Read This Summer
This Is The Belize Guide Book You Need to Read This Summer
May 25, 2019

Near- Average hurricane season expected in 2019

Posted: Friday, May 24, 2019. 5:02 pm CST.

By BBN Staff: The National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration (NOAA) has forecasted the 2019 Atlantic hurricane season to be ‘near-average’.

The NOAA outlook was released yesterday and forecasts a 40% chance of a near-normal season, a 30% chance of an above-normal season and a 30% chance of a below-normal season.

The Atlantic hurricane season officially extends from June 1 to November 30.

In addition, NOAA predicts a range of 9 to 15 named storms of which 4 to 8 could become hurricanes and 2 to 4 becoming major hurricanes.

NOAA provides these ranges with a 70% confidence.

An average hurricane season produces 12 named storms, of which 6 become hurricanes, including 3 major hurricanes.

In April, the Colorado State University released an outlook predicting 13 named storms and 5 hurricanes.

In 2018, 15 named storms, eight hurricanes, and two major hurricanes tore through the Atlantic Basin.

 

Advertise with the mоѕt vіѕіtеd nеwѕ ѕіtе іn Belize ~ We offer fully customizable and flexible digital marketing packages. Your content is delivered instantly to thousands of users in Belize and abroad! Contact us at mаrkеtіng@brеаkіngbеlіzеnеwѕ.соm or call us at 501-601-0315.

 

© 2019, BreakingBelizeNews.com. Content is copyrighted and requires written permission for reprinting in online or print media. Theft of content without permission/payment is punishable by law.

Comments

  • Galen University
  • Belmopan Aggregates
  • Belmopan Aggregates
  • larry waight
  • Belmopan Aggregates
  • cahal pech village resort
  • Galen University
  • Shindaiwa
  • Belmopan Aggregates