Student from Toledo reported missing
May 30, 2019
Postmaster General informs of new telephone numbers
May 31, 2019

Prepare for Hurricane Season 2019

  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  

Posted: Friday, May 31, 2019. 9:49 am CST.

By BBN Staff: Tomorrow, June 1st marks the official start of the 2019 Atlantic Hurricane Season.  Hurricane season runs from June 1st to November 30 every year.

Experts are forecasting that this year’s hurricane season will be a ‘near normal’ one.

The National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration (NOAA) outlook forecast a 40% chance of a near-normal season, a 30% chance of an above-normal season and a 30% chance of a below-normal season.

In addition, NOAA predicts that a range of 9 to 15 named storms of which 4 to 8 could become hurricanes and 2 to 4 becoming major hurricanes.

NOAA provides these ranges with a 70% confidence.

An average hurricane season produces 12 named storms, of which 6 become hurricanes, including 3 major hurricanes.

In April, the Colorado State University released an outlook predicting 13 named storms and 5 hurricanes.

In 2018, 15 named storms, eight hurricanes, and two major hurricanes tore through the Atlantic Basin

 

Аdvеrtіѕе wіth thе most visited news site in Веlіzе ~ Wе оffеr fullу сuѕtоmіzаblе аnd flехіblе dіgіtаl mаrkеtіng расkаgеѕ. Yоur соntеnt іѕ dеlіvеrеd іnѕtаntlу tо thоuѕаndѕ оf uѕеrѕ іn Веlіzе аnd аbrоаd! Соntасt uѕ аt [email protected] оr саll uѕ аt 501-601-0315.

 

© 2019, BreakingBelizeNews.com. This article is the copyrighted property of Breaking Belize News. Written permission must be obtained before reprint in online or print media. REPRINTING CONTENT WITHOUT PERMISSION AND/OR PAYMENT IS THEFT AND PUNISHABLE BY LAW.

Comments

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *