Posted: Thursday, June 20, 2019. 8:25 am CST.
By BBN Staff: Yesterday, the Belize Network of NGOs (BNN) held a general membership meeting at the Belize Audubon Society Conference Room in Belize City.
BNN’s Steering Committee updated its members on the following:
1) Financial report
2) ICJ Referendum Monitors participation and BCCI support
3) University of Florida/CARSI NGO Capacity Building project
4) FIU requirements and concerns from BNN members
5) NGO good standing compliance issues, among other topics.
BNN representatives on various Government Committees also provided an update about their participation on those committees.
Invited guests made several presentations on the following themes:
– UNHCR’s mandate and work in Belize, including the importance of working closely with civil society;
– Presentation by the Ministry of National Security on Belize’s first Cyber Security Strategy;
– An initiative by the Wildlife Conservation Society (WCS) to develop an informed strategy to increase transparency in the management of Belize’s small-scale fisheries sector; and
– A presentation on the proposed Social Security Reforms.
According to a statement from BNN, members of the network will receive copies of the minutes of the meeting.
Advertise with the mоѕt vіѕіtеd nеwѕ ѕіtе іn Belize ~ We offer fully customizable and flexible digital marketing packages. Your content is delivered instantly to thousands of users in Belize and abroad! Contact us at mаrkеtі[email protected]еаkіngbеlіzеnеwѕ.соm or call us at 501-601-0315.
© 2019, BreakingBelizeNews.com. Content is copyrighted and requires written permission for reprinting in online or print media. Theft of content without permission/payment is punishable by law.