Posted: Sunday, September 22, 2019. 8:34 pm CST.
By BBN Staff: Breaking Belize News is in possession of a series of videos that were taken after a Jasmine Alert was issued for a missing female minor from Cristo Rey, Cayo.
Last week, the Jasmine Alert flyer was issued for 16-year-old Serena Sanchez of Cristo Rey, Cayo. The missing person’s report claims that Sanchez was last seen by her mom on July 19 at their home. It was also alleged that Sanchez was kidnapped by a male minor, who is known to her mom.
However, in the videos Sanchez clarifies the reason why she ran away from her home and why she hasn’t returned. The videos were recorded in the presence of elder family members who the missing minor trusts.
Breaking Belize News is also in possession of a video of the minor that is being accused of kidnapping Sanchez. In the video, the male minor claims that he did not kidnap Sanchez.
In her video, Sanchez says “I am not kidnapped by any gang member, I am in a safe place, somewhere that I feel secure. I just want to clarify that everything that is going around is not true…. My mom knows exactly where I am. After I left home, the next day my mom came and threatened the family, so she knows that I am ok,” Sanchez said.
In addition, Sanchez claims that her mother is in a new relationship and she felt unsafe being in the same house with her mom’s new partner.
Sanchez goes on to explain that she was often given the responsibility of taking care of her siblings while her mother goes out partying.
Several immediate relatives of Sanchez contacted us to corroborate the minor’s story. They explained to us that Sanchez and her other siblings suffered abuses in their home, and that one other member of the family had already ran away from home and is no longer living with his mom.
Due to family issues with Sanchez’s mom, the minor, Serena Sanchez, didn’t feel safe to find refuge at their homes since these relatives live in close proximity of her mother’s home.
The video of the minor who is accused of kidnapping Sanchez explains that he did not kidnap Sanchez. This video was also recorded in the presence of elder members of Sanchez’s family.
” I am a calm person and I live in peace. I did not kidnap Serena Sanchez. I am not a criminal or a gang member. I want to clear my name,” the male minor stated.
Sanchez says that she is hoping that the Jasmine Alert poster is removed since she is not kidnapped and does not want to return to the environment she was before.
Advertise with the largest and fastest growing audience in Belize ~ We offer fully customizable and flexible digital marketing packages. Your content is delivered instantly to thousands of users in Belize and abroad! Contact us at [email protected] or call us at 670-6397.
© 2019, BreakingBelizeNews.com. This article is the copyrighted property of Breaking Belize News. Written permission must be obtained before reprint in online or print media. REPRINTING CONTENT WITHOUT PERMISSION AND/OR PAYMENT IS THEFT AND PUNISHABLE BY LAW.