Posted: Friday, February 28, 2020. 4:03 pm CST.
Picture: Belizean teacher Veronica Rivas and her students
By BBN Staff: Participate Learning is a cultural teacher exchange program that seeks to bring teachers from around the globe to teach in the United States of America. Teachers enrolled in the program learn more about the US education system, culture and living experience while being a cultural ambassador for their home countries. Four Belizean teachers are currently enrolled in the program and applications are open for more educators.
Interested educators can learn more by reading these 10 interesting facts about the program and applying on the Participate Learning website.
1. All teachers enrolled in the program receive a salary commensurate with US teachers salaries. The salaries range from $35,000 to $55,000 depending on years of teaching experience. Deductions for taxes are done.
2. Accepted teachers are guided through the entire process by a local advisor who assists with logistics in settling in-including new house, new vehicle etc.
3. Teachers benefit from life, medical and dental insurance.
4. The program encourages teachers that are fluent in English to apply since they will be teaching in English at US Schools.
5. Educators with 1 year driving experience and a valid drivers license are encouraged to apply.
6. Teachers benefit from continuous professional development while in the program.
7. Once a teacher is accepted, they are issued with a J1 visa to complete the program.
8. Yes! Married teachers can apply. When a married teacher applies, that teacher can bring their spouse to legally work in the US.
9. Teachers with children can apply and those children attend schools in the US free of cost.
10. Teachers pride themselves in becoming global educators and growing personally and professionally.
Advertise with the mоѕt vіѕіtеd nеwѕ ѕіtе іn Belize ~ We offer fully customizable and flexible digital marketing packages. Your content is delivered instantly to thousands of users in Belize and abroad! Contact us at mаrkеtіng@brеаkіngbеlіzеnеwѕ.соm or call us at 501-601-0315.
© 2020, BreakingBelizeNews.com. Content is copyrighted and requires written permission for reprinting in online or print media. Theft of content without permission/payment is punishable by law.