Belizeans show love to Dr. Manzanero
April 1, 2020
Corozal man dies after reported shooting incident
April 1, 2020

Unattended mosquito coil causes fire in Dangriga 

  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  

Posted: Wednesday, April 1, 2020. 8:21 am CST.

By Aaron Humes: Police say a late night fire on the Melinda Road outside Dangriga Town was apparently caused by an unattended mosquito coil, known as “fish,” which caused burn injuries to one occupant of the house.

53-year-old Linsford Polonio, the occupant of the 15 by 20-foot wooden house which caught fire just before 10 p.m. Monday, March 30, reported to police that he lit a mosquito coil, and then went to sleep.

He was awakened by the smell of smoke and he realized that the mosquito coil had fallen on one of his beds and caught fire. He received burns to his lower body when he attempted to throw out the mattress.

The fire was contained by the town’s contingent of firefighters and Polonio was treated at the Southern Regional Hospital.

There is no indication of the value of the house or its contents or any insurance. Investigations continue.

 

Аdvеrtіѕе wіth thе most visited news site in Веlіzе ~ Wе оffеr fullу сuѕtоmіzаblе аnd flехіblе dіgіtаl mаrkеtіng расkаgеѕ. Yоur соntеnt іѕ dеlіvеrеd іnѕtаntlу tо thоuѕаndѕ оf uѕеrѕ іn Веlіzе аnd аbrоаd! Соntасt uѕ аt [email protected] оr саll uѕ аt 501-601-0315.

 

© 2020, BreakingBelizeNews.com. This article is the copyrighted property of Breaking Belize News. Written permission must be obtained before reprint in online or print media. REPRINTING CONTENT WITHOUT PERMISSION AND/OR PAYMENT IS THEFT AND PUNISHABLE BY LAW.

Comments

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *