Posted: Sunday, April 5, 2020. 9:27 am CST.
By BBN Staff: Today the Ministry of Health (MOH) provided an update on its mapping and testing exercise with reference to the fourth confirmed COVID-19 patient in Belize, noting that a total of 102 samples were processed.
The MOH said that through its mapping exercise, it managed to identify close contacts of patient #4 in both San Ignacio and Belize City and collected the swabs on April 3rd and 4th. Among those tested were health care workers in the Cayo District who had been in contact with patient number 4.
“The remaining 101 samples were all negative for COVID-19, and therefore, the Ministry is still unable to determine who the infected contact was for patient #4,” the MOH said.
The ministry added that its surveillance was heightened to include those in quarantine in Corozal, where patient #5 was identified earlier today. The MOH notes that it continues its heightened surveillance efforts and stressed that it is more critical than ever for Belizeans to adhere to its social distancing advice and to stay at home unless it is extremely necessary to leave the house
Аdvеrtіѕе wіth thе most visited news site in Веlіzе ~ Wе оffеr fullу сuѕtоmіzаblе аnd flехіblе dіgіtаl mаrkеtіng расkаgеѕ. Yоur соntеnt іѕ dеlіvеrеd іnѕtаntlу tо thоuѕаndѕ оf uѕеrѕ іn Веlіzе аnd аbrоаd! Соntасt uѕ аt [email protected] оr саll uѕ аt 501-601-0315.
© 2020, BreakingBelizeNews.com. This article is the copyrighted property of Breaking Belize News. Written permission must be obtained before reprint in online or print media. REPRINTING CONTENT WITHOUT PERMISSION AND/OR PAYMENT IS THEFT AND PUNISHABLE BY LAW.