Posted: Thursday, April 9, 2020. 10:55 am CST.
By BBN Staff: The entire country is in a State of Emergency due to the Covid-19 threat.
The Government has enacted specific regulations for the Cayo District. Those can be found here.
The below information was shared by the Government of Belize and summarizes the movements allowed in other districts.
The curfew remains in effect from 8:00 p.m. to 4:59 a.m. and for children from 6:00 p.m. to 5:59 a.m.
Movement allowed includes operation of businesses.
People are permitted to move between the hours indicated and for the sole purposes of:
- Food and medicine (essential needs) –
- Convenience stores, food stores, supermarkets, meat shops, butchers, distributors and factories of carbonated and other beverages, including spirits (excluding potable water) and food can operate from 8:00 a.m. – 4:00 p.m. (movement is for purchase of food or essentials only, not to buy a coke or fonto, those are not essentials)
- Markets: 6:00 a.m. – 4:00 p.m.
- Pharmacies: 8:00 a.m. – 7:00 p.m.
- Bakeries and tortilla factories 5:00 a.m. – 4:00 p.m.
- Fuel (fuel stations, depots, including LPG suppliers, depots and distributors) 5:00 a.m. – 7:00 p.m.
- Financial institutions (banks, credit unions, ATMs) 8:00 a.m. – 12 noon
- Exercise (jogging, walking or running, only, during hours of 5:00 a.m. – 8:00 p.m.) (no cycling)
- Medical and veterinary attention 5:00 a.m. – 7:00 p.m.
- If you are a caregiver or an essential worker (allowed to move in the Cayo District) going to and from work
- Services by waste disposal and sanitation companies and auxiliary personnel
- Maintenance and housekeeping by hotel, villa or other accommodation service personnel
- Public transportation
- Farms continue to operate – agricultural and aquaculture operations during 5:00 a.m. – 7:00 p.m.
- Fishers can continue to fish for livelihood during 5:00 a.m. – 7:00 p.m. (licensed fishers only)
- Agro-processors, food and carbonated and other beverage manufacturers during 5:00 a.m. – 7:00 p.m.
- Productive sector industries, personnel and auxiliary workers (potable water production, agricultural workers) during 5:00 a.m. – 7:00 p.m.
- Entities that are designated as 24-hour and seven days a week are allowed to operate and move. These are food mills, oil production, sugar, citrus and approved food factories, port operations, public utilities.
- The food and essential goods supply chain remains open for cargo and delivery of food and medicines (international and domestic delivery services and wholesalers of goods and services)
- Storefront outlets for essential businesses (public utility companies) during 8:00 a.m. – 7:00 p.m.
- Service of delivery, take out or drive-thru facilities only at restaurants, diners, saloons and other similar establishments.
- Construction and construction sites cannot operate, and hardware stores are closed countrywide for the next 14 days.
Аdvеrtіѕе wіth thе most visited news site in Веlіzе ~ Wе оffеr fullу сuѕtоmіzаblе аnd flехіblе dіgіtаl mаrkеtіng расkаgеѕ. Yоur соntеnt іѕ dеlіvеrеd іnѕtаntlу tо thоuѕаndѕ оf uѕеrѕ іn Веlіzе аnd аbrоаd! Соntасt uѕ аt [email protected] оr саll uѕ аt 501-601-0315.
© 2020, BreakingBelizeNews.com. This article is the copyrighted property of Breaking Belize News. Written permission must be obtained before reprint in online or print media. REPRINTING CONTENT WITHOUT PERMISSION AND/OR PAYMENT IS THEFT AND PUNISHABLE BY LAW.