Posted: Wednesday, June 3, 2020. 9:58 am CST.
By BBN Staff: The National Hurricane Center (NHC) is reporting that Tropical Storm Cristobal is moving inland over Eastern Mexico.
A Tropical Storm Warning is in effect along the coast of Mexico from Campeche to Coatzacoalcos. Tropical storm conditions are affecting the coast within portions of the warning area.
As of 10 a.m. CDT, Tropical Storm Cristobal was centered inland over Mexico about 15 miles (20 km) northwest of Ciudad Del Carmen.
Cristobal is moving toward the southeast near 3 mph (6 km/h).
On the forecast track, the center will move over the land mass of eastern Mexico through Thursday, and then move back over the Gulf of Mexico by Friday.
Maximum sustained winds are near 60 mph (95 km/h) with higher gusts.
Tropical-storm-force winds extend outward up to 60 miles (95 km) from the center.
Cristobal is forecasted to weaken during the next 48 hours and become a tropical depression by Thursday evening. Some re-strengthening is expected to begin on Friday.
Cristobal is expected to produce the following rain accumulations through Friday night:
– Mexican states of Campeche, northern Chiapas, Quintana Roo, Tabasco, and Yucatan…10 to 20 inches, isolated 25 inches.
– Mexican state of southern Chiapas…15 to 20 inches, isolated 25 inches.
– Mexican states of Veracruz and Oaxaca…5 to 10 inches.
– Southern Guatemala…Additional 15 to 20 inches, isolated storm total amounts of 35 inches dating back to Saturday, May 30th.
– El Salvador…Additional 10 to 15 inches, isolated storm total amounts of 35 inches dating back to Saturday, May 30th.
– Belize and Honduras…3 to 6 inches, isolated 10 inches.
Rainfall in all of these areas may produce life-threatening flash floods and mudslides.
Аdvеrtіѕе wіth thе most visited news site in Веlіzе ~ Wе оffеr fullу сuѕtоmіzаblе аnd flехіblе dіgіtаl mаrkеtіng расkаgеѕ. Yоur соntеnt іѕ dеlіvеrеd іnѕtаntlу tо thоuѕаndѕ оf uѕеrѕ іn Веlіzе аnd аbrоаd! Соntасt uѕ аt [email protected] оr саll uѕ аt 501-601-0315.
© 2020, BreakingBelizeNews.com. This article is the copyrighted property of Breaking Belize News. Written permission must be obtained before reprint in online or print media. REPRINTING CONTENT WITHOUT PERMISSION AND/OR PAYMENT IS THEFT AND PUNISHABLE BY LAW.