Posted: Wednesday, June 3, 2020. 3:05 pm CST.
By BBN Staff: The National Hurricane Center (NHC) informs that Tropical Storm Cristobal is weakening slowly.
A Tropical Storm Warning continues along the coast of Mexico from Campeche to Coatzacoalcos. Tropical storm conditions are affecting the coast within portions of the warning area.
As of 4 p.m. CDT, Tropical Storm Cristobal was centered inland over Mexico about 20 miles (35 km) south of Ciudad Del Carmen.
Cristobal was moving toward the southeast near 3 mph (6 km/h).
On the forecast track, the center will move over the land mass of eastern Mexico through Thursday, move back over the southern Gulf of Mexico by Friday, and then over the central Gulf of Mexico on Saturday.
Maximum sustained winds are near 50 mph (85 km/h) with higher gusts.
Tropical-storm-force winds extend outward up to 60 miles (95 km) from the center.
NHC says that slow weakening will occur while the cyclone moves over land, and Cristobal will likely become a tropical depression by Thursday evening.
Some re-strengthening is expected to begin on Friday.
Cristobal is expected to produce the following rain accumulations through Friday night:
– Mexican states of Campeche, northern Chiapas, Quintana Roo, Tabasco, and Yucatan…10 to 20 inches, isolated 25 inches.
– Mexican state of southern Chiapas…15 to 20 inches, isolated 25 inches.
– Mexican states of Veracruz and Oaxaca…5 to 10 inches.
– Southern Guatemala…Additional 15 to 20 inches, isolated storm total amounts of 35 inches dating back to Saturday, May 30th.
– El Salvador…Additional 10 to 15 inches, isolated storm total
amounts of 35 inches dating back to Saturday, May 30th.
– Belize and Honduras…3 to 6 inches, isolated 10 inches.
Rainfall in all of these areas may produce life-threatening flash floods and mudslides.
Аdvеrtіѕе wіth thе most visited news site in Веlіzе ~ Wе оffеr fullу сuѕtоmіzаblе аnd flехіblе dіgіtаl mаrkеtіng расkаgеѕ. Yоur соntеnt іѕ dеlіvеrеd іnѕtаntlу tо thоuѕаndѕ оf uѕеrѕ іn Веlіzе аnd аbrоаd! Соntасt uѕ аt [email protected] оr саll uѕ аt 501-601-0315.
© 2020, BreakingBelizeNews.com. This article is the copyrighted property of Breaking Belize News. Written permission must be obtained before reprint in online or print media. REPRINTING CONTENT WITHOUT PERMISSION AND/OR PAYMENT IS THEFT AND PUNISHABLE BY LAW.