Wave of robberies continue as thieves target Bayview Oasis, Bowen deliverymen
July 5, 2020
Ministry of Health gives COVID-19 update
July 5, 2020

The world still has more than 4.4 million active cases of COVID-19

  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  

Posted: Sunday, July 5, 2020. 12:47 pm CST.

By BBN Staff: As of 10:00 a.m. today, July 5, 2020, the total amount of global COVID-19 cases is approaching 11.5 million according to Worldometer. Notably, over 7 million of those cases have come to some form of resolution, leaving around 4.4 million active cases worldwide.

Worldometer reports that, of the total number of cases, 534,865 ended with the patient dying, while 6,480,776 recovered from the illness or were discharged. Of the active cases, 4,379,105 (99 percent) of patients are listed as mild, while the remaining 58,457 (1 percent) are listed as critical.

The United States continues to lead global infections, now with almost 3 million cases, and over 16,000 new cases within the past 24 hours. As protests continue throughout the US, which includes the Black Lives Matter social justice protests and those lead by Americans protesting state lockdown measures for the pandemic, the number of new cases has skyrocketed, prompting states that had already reopened to close down again. The European Union has issued a ban on tourists from the US and several other countries as the group of countries prepares to reopen their borders for tourism.

Brazil is the second most hit country in the world, with over 1.5 million cases and over 64,000 deaths. Much like the US, the country’s government has sustained heavy criticism for how it has handled the pandemic.

This week, the total number of confirmed cases in Belize went up to 30; however, the Ministry of Health stressed that the recent jump in the numbers is those coming into Belize through the repatriation process and that the public need not panic because repatriation is a controlled process. Persons brought in through repatriation have their human contact limited are immediately quarantined upon returning to Belize.

 

Аdvеrtіѕе wіth thе most visited news site in Веlіzе ~ Wе оffеr fullу сuѕtоmіzаblе аnd flехіblе dіgіtаl mаrkеtіng расkаgеѕ. Yоur соntеnt іѕ dеlіvеrеd іnѕtаntlу tо thоuѕаndѕ оf uѕеrѕ іn Веlіzе аnd аbrоаd! Соntасt uѕ аt [email protected] оr саll uѕ аt 501-601-0315.

 

© 2020, BreakingBelizeNews.com. This article is the copyrighted property of Breaking Belize News. Written permission must be obtained before reprint in online or print media. REPRINTING CONTENT WITHOUT PERMISSION AND/OR PAYMENT IS THEFT AND PUNISHABLE BY LAW.

Comments

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *