Posted: Thursday, July 9, 2020. 9:03 pm CST.
By BBN Staff: The Office of the Director of Health Services has confirmed 3 new cases of COVID-19.
The office said that given the increasing number of samples that require processing, another set was tested today.
That has allowed to identify a further 3 cases.
They are all minors and are members of a family who had been illegally across the border.
The 3 new cases are in Orange Walk bringing their total to 7 .
One case recovered so we have a total of 11 active cases.
“While we acknowledge a general concern with the airport’s opening in August, we at health remain very much concerned with the ongoing illegals crossings at the Northern, Western and Southern entry points,” the office said.
All border communities are therefore being asked to remain extra vigilant and to report any suspicious case as we are now anticipating clusters in these communities at the rate we are going.
Continue to remain safe!
Аdvеrtіѕе wіth thе most visited news site in Веlіzе ~ Wе оffеr fullу сuѕtоmіzаblе аnd flехіblе dіgіtаl mаrkеtіng расkаgеѕ. Yоur соntеnt іѕ dеlіvеrеd іnѕtаntlу tо thоuѕаndѕ оf uѕеrѕ іn Веlіzе аnd аbrоаd! Соntасt uѕ аt [email protected] оr саll uѕ аt 501-601-0315.
© 2020, BreakingBelizeNews.com. This article is the copyrighted property of Breaking Belize News. Written permission must be obtained before reprint in online or print media. REPRINTING CONTENT WITHOUT PERMISSION AND/OR PAYMENT IS THEFT AND PUNISHABLE BY LAW.