Posted: Thursday, August 6, 2020. 9:48 pm CST.
By BBN Staff: The Ministry of Health has confirmed 28 new cases of COVID-19. A record high of positive cases for a single day.
According to the Ministry, a total of 121 samples were processed today, some are still from contacts in San Pedro, the northern districts and from the enhanced surveillance that is currently ongoing countrywide.
The breakdown is as follows:
– 1 case in San Ignacio (associated to illegal entry)
– 1 case in Belmopan (apparent travel to San Pedro)
– 3 cases in the Northern Region (2 in Santa Marta and one in Orange Walk with link pending to be established)
– 20 cases in San Pedro (2 related to cluster associated to a church and 10 related to cluster #1, the remaining 8 pending to establish a link to any cluster)
– 3 in Belize City (2 are linked to San Pedro and one to OW)
There is 1 recovered case making a total of 80 active cases.
The Ministry says that given the increase number of cases, it will provide an update tomorrow on contact tracing strategies.
“As we move along, consider EVERYONE you meet as a potential COVID-19 case and for those who have returned from San Pedro, please remain in isolation and minimize exposure to others”, advises the Ministry.
Advertise with the mоѕt vіѕіtеd nеwѕ ѕіtе іn Belize ~ We offer fully customizable and flexible digital marketing packages. Your content is delivered instantly to thousands of users in Belize and abroad! Contact us at mаrkеtі[email protected]еаkіngbеlіzеnеwѕ.соm or call us at 501-601-0315.
© 2020, BreakingBelizeNews.com. Content is copyrighted and requires written permission for reprinting in online or print media. Theft of content without permission/payment is punishable by law.