Posted: Friday, August 7, 2020. 8:46 am CST.
By BBN Staff: Health authorities are monitoring 80 active cases of COVID-19.
On Thursday, the Ministry of Health was informed of a record number of identified positive cases in one single day.
A total of 121 samples were processed and 28 new cases were identified.
The breakdown is as follows:
– 1 case in San Ignacio (associated to illegal entry)
– 1 case in Belmopan (apparent travel to San Pedro)
– 3 cases in the Northern Region (2 in Santa Marta and one in Orange Walk with link pending to be established)
– 20 cases in San Pedro (2 related to cluster associated to a church and 10 related to cluster #1, the remaining 8 pending to establish a link to any cluster)
– 3 in Belize City (2 are linked to San Pedro and one to Orange Walk)
The Ministry will update the nation today on the change of contact tracing strategies due to the increasing number of cases.
The public is urged to adhere to all regulations.
Advertise with the mоѕt vіѕіtеd nеwѕ ѕіtе іn Belize ~ We offer fully customizable and flexible digital marketing packages. Your content is delivered instantly to thousands of users in Belize and abroad! Contact us at mаrkеtі[email protected]еаkіngbеlіzеnеwѕ.соm or call us at 501-601-0315.
© 2020, BreakingBelizeNews.com. Content is copyrighted and requires written permission for reprinting in online or print media. Theft of content without permission/payment is punishable by law.