Posted: Tuesday, August 11, 2020. 9:14 am CST.
By BBN Staff: Health officials are now monitoring 143 active cases of COVID-19 in Belize.
The Ministry of Health confirmed 23 new cases on Monday bringing the total to 177 confirmed cases.
The preliminary breakdown is as follows:
– 3 cases in Belmopan (2 are linked to the previous identified positive case in Belmopan and the other case is linked to San Pedro)
– 1 in rural Corozal with apparent link to San Pedro
– 2 cases in Orange Walk (1 from Santa Marta and 1 from Orange Walk Town linked to a previously identified case)
– 1 case in Caye Caulker (with no apparent link to any previously identified case for now)
– 5 cases in Belize City (1 case with no apparent link to any previously identified cases, 4 others linked to previously identified cases)
The remaining cases are in San Pedro.
The public is urged to continue to follow health and safety regulations.
Advertise with the mоѕt vіѕіtеd nеwѕ ѕіtе іn Belize ~ We offer fully customizable and flexible digital marketing packages. Your content is delivered instantly to thousands of users in Belize and abroad! Contact us at mаrkеtі[email protected]еаkіngbеlіzеnеwѕ.соm or call us at 501-601-0315.
© 2020, BreakingBelizeNews.com. Content is copyrighted and requires written permission for reprinting in online or print media. Theft of content without permission/payment is punishable by law.