Posted: Thursday, August 13, 2020. 10:05 pm CST.
By BBN Staff: The Ministry of Health has confirmed that 60 new cases of COVID-19 were detected in Belize today. The total confirmed cases in the country now stand at 356.
The preliminary breakdown for the 60 new cases is as follows:
– 1 case in Independence
– 1 case in Caye Caulker
– 3 cases in Belmopan (linked to previous case and one with a link to San Pedro)
– 4 cases in Cayo District (1 in Duck Run, 2 in Succotz – all 4 cases linked to San Pedro)
– 12 cases in Corozal (linked to previous cases and some to San Pedro)
– 16 cases in Belize City (for the most part linked to San Pedro)
– 23 cases in Orange Walk District (in San Jose, San Felipe, Guinea Grass, San Pablo – mostly linked to the construction site in San Pedro)
Six patients are also hospitalized including one in Corozal, one in Orange Walk and one in Dangriga and 3 at the Karl Huesner Memorial Hospital (KHMH). Of the 3 patients at the KHMH, one is currently intubated.
Health authorities also report that one of the patents who tested positive for COVID-19 also gave birth.
The Director of Health Services advises Belizeans to “please continue to be safe and practice all prevention measures with all persons around you” as a collective effort is required “to flatten this curve”.
Аdvеrtіѕе wіth thе most visited news site in Веlіzе ~ Wе оffеr fullу сuѕtоmіzаblе аnd flехіblе dіgіtаl mаrkеtіng расkаgеѕ. Yоur соntеnt іѕ dеlіvеrеd іnѕtаntlу tо thоuѕаndѕ оf uѕеrѕ іn Веlіzе аnd аbrоаd! Соntасt uѕ аt firstname.lastname@example.org оr саll uѕ аt 501-601-0315.
© 2020, BreakingBelizeNews.com. This article is the copyrighted property of Breaking Belize News. Written permission must be obtained before reprint in online or print media. REPRINTING CONTENT WITHOUT PERMISSION AND/OR PAYMENT IS THEFT AND PUNISHABLE BY LAW.