Posted: Monday, August 31, 2020. 8:40 pm CST.
By BBN Staff: In just one month, Belize went from having less than 50 confirmed cases of COVID-19, to over 1,000.
The latest data from the Ministry of Health (MOH) says that an additional 14 cases were confirmed today, taking the country’s total to 1,007.
The newly-confirmed cases came from a sample batch of 93.
“We identified 14 new cases as follows: 1 in Belize District (Ladyville) 3 in Toledo 10 in Orange Walk (Orange Walk Town, San Felipe, Santa Marta, Guinea Grass, San Pablo, San Jose, Trinidad),” the MOH said.
The ministry also noted that there are 56 recovered cases.
On July 31, 2020, Belize’s reported cases totaled 48. Earlier this month on a session of the government program Ask the Experts, Director of Health Services Dr. Marvin Manzanero said that the MOH’s data suggested that the bulk of Belize’s new cases were contracted during the month of July, following the end of the State of Emergency, which expired on June 30.
Manzanero noted that the weekends of July 3 and 10, saw particularly high levels of movement between districts, and made it possible for asymptomatic carriers of COVID-19 to unknowingly infect large numbers of people.
Аdvеrtіѕе wіth thе most visited news site in Веlіzе ~ Wе оffеr fullу сuѕtоmіzаblе аnd flехіblе dіgіtаl mаrkеtіng расkаgеѕ. Yоur соntеnt іѕ dеlіvеrеd іnѕtаntlу tо thоuѕаndѕ оf uѕеrѕ іn Веlіzе аnd аbrоаd! Соntасt uѕ аt firstname.lastname@example.org оr саll uѕ аt 501-601-0315.
© 2020, BreakingBelizeNews.com. This article is the copyrighted property of Breaking Belize News. Written permission must be obtained before reprint in online or print media. REPRINTING CONTENT WITHOUT PERMISSION AND/OR PAYMENT IS THEFT AND PUNISHABLE BY LAW.