Posted: Wednesday, September 16, 2020. 11:50 am CST.
By Aaron Humes: Minister of Education Patrick Faber pointed out in response to criticisms of the e-learning program, that it has been in train for at least two years, and dates back to an idea of the People’s United Party in its 2008 electoral campaign.
They must therefore be bothered, he said, by how swiftly the DigiLearn (high schools) and ProFuturo (primary schools) have been moving forward.
The allocation in fact comes from the EQIP II program of $20 million approved last year and has in fact been sped up by the ravages of COVID.
There is no time to waste with six months now lost to the pandemic, Faber said.
He clarified that the initial program to give sixth form students tablets a few years ago was not intended as a teaching tool, and that contrary to Fonseca’s claims former students have told him their machines are still working.
Contrast that, he said, with the “cartoon-looking computers” the PUP proposed to give in its 2008 campaign.
Аdvеrtіѕе wіth thе most visited news site in Веlіzе ~ Wе оffеr fullу сuѕtоmіzаblе аnd flехіblе dіgіtаl mаrkеtіng расkаgеѕ. Yоur соntеnt іѕ dеlіvеrеd іnѕtаntlу tо thоuѕаndѕ оf uѕеrѕ іn Веlіzе аnd аbrоаd! Соntасt uѕ аt [email protected] оr саll uѕ аt 501-601-0315.
© 2020, BreakingBelizeNews.com. This article is the copyrighted property of Breaking Belize News. Written permission must be obtained before reprint in online or print media. REPRINTING CONTENT WITHOUT PERMISSION AND/OR PAYMENT IS THEFT AND PUNISHABLE BY LAW.