fbpx
Belize Met Service: Mainly fair weather expected today
September 27, 2020
covid19
Over 1,100 people recover from COVID-19 in Belize
September 27, 2020

Global COVID-19 deaths nearing 1 million

Posted: Sunday, September 27, 2020. 8:17 am CST.

By BBN Staff: Global deaths related to COVID-19 are inching ever-closer to a million, with the latest figure standing above 999,000, according to Worldometer.

The latest COVID-19 data, as of 7: 00 a.m. today, Sunday, September 27, 2020, shows that global infections stand above 33.1 million, and deaths totaling 999,433.

There are over 7.65 million cases still active, with 1 percent of those cases (65,391) being listed as serious or critical, while the remaining 99 percent are listed as mild.

Over 24.45 million people are recovered from the virus, giving it a 96 percent recovery rate.

The United States continues to be the hardest-hit country in the world by the pandemic, with over 7.28 million confirmed infections and 209,180. The number of cases and deaths continues to rise in India as it overtook Brazil as the second-hardest hit country earlier this month. Confirmed infections in India now stands at over 5.99 million with 94,559 deaths. Brazil now has over 4.71 million confirmed cases with 141,441 deaths.

Meanwhile, Belize has 1,825 and 24 recorded deaths.

 

Advertise with the mоѕt vіѕіtеd nеwѕ ѕіtе іn Belize ~ We offer fully customizable and flexible digital marketing packages. Your content is delivered instantly to thousands of users in Belize and abroad! Contact us at mаrkеtіng@brеаkіngbеlіzеnеwѕ.соm or call us at 501-612-0315.

 

© 2020, BreakingBelizeNews.com. Content is copyrighted and requires written permission for reprinting in online or print media. Theft of content without permission/payment is punishable by law.

Comments

  • Galen University
  • Belmopan Aggregates
  • larry waight
  • Belmopan Aggregates
  • cahal pech village resort
  • Galen University
  • Belmopan Aggregates
  • Belmopan Aggregates