fbpx
Belize Met Service: Gradual decrease to shower activity expected
October 25, 2020
Body found in Corozal Bay
October 25, 2020

Global COVID-19 cases over 43 million and counting

Posted: Sunday, October 25, 2020. 8:00 am CST.

By BBN Staff: The latest statistics from Worldometer shows that over 43 million people have contracted COVID-19 worldwide.

As of 7:00 a.m. on Sunday, October 25, 2020, a total of 43,047,578 had contracted the virus.

There are over 10.15 million active cases, with 1 percent (77,357 ) of those cases being listed as serious or critical, while the remaining 99 percent are listed as mild.

Over 1.15 million people have died from the virus, but over 31.7 million people have managed to recover from it.

The United States has over 8.83 million confirmed infections and over 230,000 deaths, making it the hardest-hit country in the world.

India has confirmed over 7.86 million cases, making it the second hardest-hit country in the world by the number of infections, but it remains the third hardest hit by the number of deaths (over 118,000).

Brazil has confirmed over 5.38 million cases making it the third hardest hit by the number of infections, but with over 156,000 deaths it remains the second-hardest hit by the number of deaths.

Belize has exceeded 3,000 infections and recorded 56 deaths, the most recent of which was a six-year-old boy.

 

Advertise with the mоѕt vіѕіtеd nеwѕ ѕіtе іn Belize ~ We offer fully customizable and flexible digital marketing packages. Your content is delivered instantly to thousands of users in Belize and abroad! Contact us at mаrkеtіng@brеаkіngbеlіzеnеwѕ.соm or call us at 501-612-0315.

 

© 2020, BreakingBelizeNews.com. Content is copyrighted and requires written permission for reprinting in online or print media. Theft of content without permission/payment is punishable by law.

Comments

  • Galen University
  • Belmopan Aggregates
  • larry waight
  • Belmopan Aggregates
  • cahal pech village resort
  • Galen University
  • Belmopan Aggregates
  • Belmopan Aggregates