Posted: Thursday, February 11, 2021. 7:07 pm CST.
By BBN Staff: This Government of Belize (GOB) announced that there will be changes to the issuance of road service permits, following a meeting of the Ministry of Public Utilities, Energy and Logistics and the Belize Transport Board on Tuesday.
The government announced noted that:
1. All approved new and renewed Road Service Permits will expire September 2021 as the new board works on reforming the public transport bus scheduling;
2. No first-time applications for Road Service Permits will be reviewed until June 2021;
3. Going forward, all Road Service Permits approved by the board will be paid in full for the period issued and not in installments.
The announcement also noted that there will be a new payment structure approved for bus operators with outstanding arrears.
The new schedule advises that:
1. Arrears under $2000.00 – Pay within six (6) months;
2. Arrears over $2001.00 – Pay within 12 months;
3. Failure to pay will constitute a revocation of Road Service Permit.
“Permits will be revoked once payment agreements are breached after two (2) months of non-payment,” GOB said. “The Department of Transport and the Police Department will continue to monitor and enforce the traffic laws including those offenses under the COVID-19 Regulations.”
Аdvеrtіѕе wіth thе most visited news site in Веlіzе ~ Wе оffеr fullу сuѕtоmіzаblе аnd flехіblе dіgіtаl mаrkеtіng расkаgеѕ. Yоur соntеnt іѕ dеlіvеrеd іnѕtаntlу tо thоuѕаndѕ оf uѕеrѕ іn Веlіzе аnd аbrоаd! Соntасt uѕ аt firstname.lastname@example.org оr саll uѕ аt 501-601-0315.
© 2021, BreakingBelizeNews.com. This article is the copyrighted property of Breaking Belize News. Written permission must be obtained before reprint in online or print media. REPRINTING CONTENT WITHOUT PERMISSION AND/OR PAYMENT IS THEFT AND PUNISHABLE BY LAW.