Posted: Thursday, February 11, 2021. 7:07 pm CST.
By BBN Staff: This Government of Belize (GOB) announced that there will be changes to the issuance of road service permits, following a meeting of the Ministry of Public Utilities, Energy and Logistics and the Belize Transport Board on Tuesday.
The government announced noted that:
1. All approved new and renewed Road Service Permits will expire September 2021 as the new board works on reforming the public transport bus scheduling;
2. No first-time applications for Road Service Permits will be reviewed until June 2021;
3. Going forward, all Road Service Permits approved by the board will be paid in full for the period issued and not in installments.
The announcement also noted that there will be a new payment structure approved for bus operators with outstanding arrears.
The new schedule advises that:
1. Arrears under $2000.00 – Pay within six (6) months;
2. Arrears over $2001.00 – Pay within 12 months;
3. Failure to pay will constitute a revocation of Road Service Permit.
“Permits will be revoked once payment agreements are breached after two (2) months of non-payment,” GOB said. “The Department of Transport and the Police Department will continue to monitor and enforce the traffic laws including those offenses under the COVID-19 Regulations.”
Advertise with the mоѕt vіѕіtеd nеwѕ ѕіtе іn Belize ~ We offer fully customizable and flexible digital marketing packages. Your content is delivered instantly to thousands of users in Belize and abroad! Contact us at mаrkеtі[email protected]еаkіngbеlіzеnеwѕ.соm or call us at 501-601-0315.
© 2021, BreakingBelizeNews.com. Content is copyrighted and requires written permission for reprinting in online or print media. Theft of content without permission/payment is punishable by law.