Posted: Thursday, February 18, 2021. 11:56 am CST.
By BBN Staff: Minister of Agriculture, Jose Abelardo Mai met with potato producer, importers and distributors in Corozal on February 13. The meeting was was held at the SIRDI conference room in Buena Vista, Corozal.
The Ministry says that the purpose of the meeting was to discuss wholesale distribution, issuance of permits, and prices of locally grown potatoes. At the end of the meeting, the Ministry and producers agreed on the following recommendations:
1. The issuance of permits will be monitored before the harvesting of local production.
2. Producers or producers’ groups will now need to provide buyers/importers who purchase from them a receipt that will be stamped and signed by the producers.
3. When applying for the importation of vegetables, importers will now need to show receipts from producers, showing that they had purchased local produce.
4. Any importer caught with contraband products will be disqualified from any further importation.
5. The duration of the import license for vegetable importation will now be seven days, instead of 11 days.
Farmers and importers were also informed that they cannot tamper with the production of potato by mixing local products with the imported ones.
At the end of the meeting, Minister Mai thanked everyone who attended and committed to ensure continued collaboration between producers and importers.
Аdvеrtіѕе wіth thе most visited news site in Веlіzе ~ Wе оffеr fullу сuѕtоmіzаblе аnd flехіblе dіgіtаl mаrkеtіng расkаgеѕ. Yоur соntеnt іѕ dеlіvеrеd іnѕtаntlу tо thоuѕаndѕ оf uѕеrѕ іn Веlіzе аnd аbrоаd! Соntасt uѕ аt [email protected] оr саll uѕ аt 501-601-0315.
© 2021, BreakingBelizeNews.com. This article is the copyrighted property of Breaking Belize News. Written permission must be obtained before reprint in online or print media. REPRINTING CONTENT WITHOUT PERMISSION AND/OR PAYMENT IS THEFT AND PUNISHABLE BY LAW.