fbpx
James Bus Line forced off the road by COVID-19
August 1, 2021
Police say the shooter on Kraal Road engaged them first
August 1, 2021

Global COVID infections approaching 200 million

  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  

Posted: Sunday, August 1, 2021. 10:57 am CST.

By Benjamin Flowers: The number of people worldwide who have contracted COVID-19 is steadily approaching 200 million, according to the latest data from Worldometer.

As of 10:00 a.m. on Sunday, August 1, 2021, the total number of reported infections worldwide stood at 198,793,883.

There are over 15 million active cases, with 0.6 percent of them (90,312) being listed as critical while the other 99.4 percent are listed as mild.

Of the global total, 2 percent of cases (4,237,581) ended with the patient dying, while patients in the remaining 98 percent (179,470,379 ) have recovered.

The United States continues to lead global infections and deaths with over 35.7 million confirmed cases and 629,315 deaths.

India has over 31.6 million cases and 424,440 deaths; while Brazil has over 19.9 million cases and 556,437 deaths.

As of Friday, Belize’s Ministry of Health and Wellness reported a total of 14,136 cases and 337 deaths. An update on the national COVID-19 situation is expected on Monday.

Comments

 

Аdvеrtіѕе wіth thе most visited news site in Веlіzе ~ Wе оffеr fullу сuѕtоmіzаblе аnd flехіblе dіgіtаl mаrkеtіng расkаgеѕ. Yоur соntеnt іѕ dеlіvеrеd іnѕtаntlу tо thоuѕаndѕ оf uѕеrѕ іn Веlіzе аnd аbrоаd! Соntасt uѕ аt marketing@breakingbelizenews.com оr саll uѕ аt 501-601-0315.

 

© 2021, BreakingBelizeNews.com. This article is the copyrighted property of Breaking Belize News. Written permission must be obtained before reprint in online or print media. REPRINTING CONTENT WITHOUT PERMISSION AND/OR PAYMENT IS THEFT AND PUNISHABLE BY LAW.

  • larry waight
  • galen university

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *