fbpx
Belize Weather: Fair weather continues
August 8, 2021
James Bus Line returns today
August 8, 2021

Global COVID-19 cases surpassed 200 million

  • 30
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
    30
    Shares

Posted: Sunday, August 8, 2021. 9:16 am CST.

By Benjamin Flowers: Reported cases of COVID-19 infection have gone over 200 million, according to the latest data released by Worldometer.

As of 8:30 a.m. on Sunday, August 8, 2021, the total number of reported infections worldwide stood at 203,189,134. This represents over 4.39 million new cases since Sunday, August 1.

There are over 16.3 million active cases, with 0.6 percent of them (98,687) being listed as critical while the other 99.4 percent are listed as mild.

Of the global total, 2 percent of cases (4,304,530) ended with the patient dying, while patients in the remaining 98 percent (182,546,111) have recovered.

The United States continues to lead global infections and deaths with over 36.5 million confirmed cases and 632,987 deaths.

India has over 31.9 million cases and 428,043 deaths; while Brazil has over 20.1 million cases and 563,082 deaths.

As of Friday, Belize’s Ministry of Health and Wellness reported a total of 14,348 cases and 339 deaths. An update on the national COVID-19 situation is expected on Monday.

Comments

 

Аdvеrtіѕе wіth thе most visited news site in Веlіzе ~ Wе оffеr fullу сuѕtоmіzаblе аnd flехіblе dіgіtаl mаrkеtіng расkаgеѕ. Yоur соntеnt іѕ dеlіvеrеd іnѕtаntlу tо thоuѕаndѕ оf uѕеrѕ іn Веlіzе аnd аbrоаd! Соntасt uѕ аt marketing@breakingbelizenews.com оr саll uѕ аt 501-601-0315.

 

© 2021, BreakingBelizeNews.com. This article is the copyrighted property of Breaking Belize News. Written permission must be obtained before reprint in online or print media. REPRINTING CONTENT WITHOUT PERMISSION AND/OR PAYMENT IS THEFT AND PUNISHABLE BY LAW.

  • Galen University
  • larry waight
  • Galen University