Posted: Wednesday, August 18, 2021. 10:33 pm CST.
By Aaron Humes: At its meeting on Tuesday, Cabinet said it had approved additional measures, soon to be announced by the Ministry of Health and Wellness, to fight the third wave of COVID-19.
So far, Minister Michel Chebat has confirmed the addition of Port and Post Office workers will be added to the mandatory vaccination list, and the Prime Minister has ruled out a tightening of the curfew and announced that liquor sales at stores would stop after six p.m.
The Executive release says it was apprised by the Ministry of Health & Wellness on the current situation at the Karl Heusner Memorial Hospital and the national response to the third wave of COVID-19.
So far this year the virus has claimed 63 lives, six in the past week alone and is putting a strain on the health system.
In comparison, the quoted figure of 63 lives lost to COVID-19 is about as many as those who have died from gun violence all year up to to the end of July.
Cabinet urges all Belizeans who have not yet been vaccinated to get vaccinated as vaccinations save lives.
Advertise with the mоѕt vіѕіtеd nеwѕ ѕіtе іn Belize ~ We offer fully customizable and flexible digital marketing packages. Your content is delivered instantly to thousands of users in Belize and abroad! Contact us at mаrkеtі[email protected]еаkіngbеlіzеnеwѕ.соm or call us at 501-601-0315.
© 2021, BreakingBelizeNews.com. Content is copyrighted and requires written permission for reprinting in online or print media. Theft of content without permission/payment is punishable by law.