Posted: Wednesday, October 13, 2021. 7:48 pm CST.
By Rubén Morales Iglesias: Prime Minister John Briceño said contact sports will be allowed to have competitions by October 20, however, he said all involved have to be fully vaccinated.
Speaking on Channel 5’s Open Your Eyes on Wednesday, the Prime Minister said this came at the request of the Minister of Sports, Kevin Bernard.
Bernard had previously said the plan was to resume competitive contact sports by August 1, but that’s when the present COVID-19 wave started and the plan had to be postponed.
Many associations have been pressuring the Ministry of Sports for the resumption of competitions but it’s not until now that a higher percentage of the population has been vaccinated that GOB is giving the go-ahead.
Already some associations like the Football Federation of Belize (FFB) have been afforded some advances with permission for training sessions, particularly since they’ve already had to participate internationally.
The FFB has been planning and preparing for their local competitions and will surely jump at GOB’s decision.
Аdvеrtіѕе wіth thе most visited news site in Веlіzе ~ Wе оffеr fullу сuѕtоmіzаblе аnd flехіblе dіgіtаl mаrkеtіng расkаgеѕ. Yоur соntеnt іѕ dеlіvеrеd іnѕtаntlу tо thоuѕаndѕ оf uѕеrѕ іn Веlіzе аnd аbrоаd! Соntасt uѕ аt firstname.lastname@example.org оr саll uѕ аt 501-601-0315.
© 2021, BreakingBelizeNews.com. This article is the copyrighted property of Breaking Belize News. Written permission must be obtained before reprint in online or print media. REPRINTING CONTENT WITHOUT PERMISSION AND/OR PAYMENT IS THEFT AND PUNISHABLE BY LAW.