Posted: Thursday, October 21, 2021. 5:26 pm CST.
By Rubén Morales Iglesias: The National Sports Council of Belize (NSC) and the Ministry of Youth, Sports & E-Governance say that now that competitive sports are being allowed, all persons involved, have to be vaccinated.
The NSC and the Ministry of Sports said in a release that “the return to competitive contact sports commences Wednesday, 20 October 2021”.
But allowing the sporting organizations to organize competitive sports comes with its own set of conditions, and one is that no fans will be allowed.
All participants, including athletes/coaches/manager/referees/officials, have to be vaccinated. Those who are not vaccinated will not be granted access to the facilities.
Competitions will only be allowed at NSC or sports federations facilities. The NSC released a list of 21 facilities but said other facilities may be granted permission “in some instances”.
Whoever applies for their competition to be given permission, needs to give two (2) weeks’ notice for processing of the approval.
All events have to be conducted with all national and NSC protocols in place.
As per usual for competitive events, these must have the presence of uniformed police and NSC officials.
The NSC also said that their representative will have the authority to stop games if protocols are breached.
Sporting federations or associations must request permission to hold a tournament by sending a written request to the NSC. The request must include details of tournament, participants (name, age and copy of vaccination card in .PDF), and tournament schedule.
After the request, the NSC will forward it to Ministry of Health & Wellness for its review and approval.
If okayed, a joint approval will be issued to the respective association or federation.
The NSC & Federation approved venues are:
1. MCC Grounds (Belize City)
2. Marion Jones Sports Complex (Belize City)
3. Rogers Stadium (Belize City)
4. Santa Elena Sporting Complex (Cayo)
5. Norman Broaster Stadium (Cayo)
6. Victor Galvez Stadium (Cayo)
7. Ricalde Stadium (Corozal)
8. Andres Campos (Corozal)
9. People’s Stadium (Orange Walk)
10. Orange Walk Multi-purpose Complex (Orange Walk)
11. Victor Sanchez Football Field (Toledo)
12. Punta Gorda Auditorium (Toledo)
13. Isidoro Beaton Stadium (Belmopan)
14. FFB Field (Belmopan)
15. Hilltop Tennis Court (Belmopan)
16. Edmund Marshalleck Stadium (Benque Viejo)
17. Russel “Chiste” Garcia Auditorium (Dangriga)
18. Carl Ramos Stadium (Dangriga)
19. San Pedro Football Field (San Pedro)
20. Michael Ashcroft Stadium (Independence)
21. The 3D Field (Independence)
Аdvеrtіѕе wіth thе most visited news site in Веlіzе ~ Wе оffеr fullу сuѕtоmіzаblе аnd flехіblе dіgіtаl mаrkеtіng расkаgеѕ. Yоur соntеnt іѕ dеlіvеrеd іnѕtаntlу tо thоuѕаndѕ оf uѕеrѕ іn Веlіzе аnd аbrоаd! Соntасt uѕ аt [email protected] оr саll uѕ аt 501-601-0315.
© 2021, BreakingBelizeNews.com. This article is the copyrighted property of Breaking Belize News. Written permission must be obtained before reprint in online or print media. REPRINTING CONTENT WITHOUT PERMISSION AND/OR PAYMENT IS THEFT AND PUNISHABLE BY LAW.