Posted: Wednesday, November 10, 2021. 10:08 pm CST.
By Aaron Humes: Police in Placencia, Stann Creek District, have opened their investigation into this morning’s fire at the Turtle Inn Resort on the Placencia Peninsula.
The cops responded around 10:43 a.m. and found a wooden building with a thatch roof used as the resort kitchen, which was engulfed in flames. Fire personnel were already on scene and quickly extinguished the fire.
Preliminary assessment from the lead firefighter, Thomas Moreira, is that the fire originated from the kitchen chimney that caused the metal supporting the thatch roof to overheat and spark the fire.
According to the Police, Manager Martin Krediet reported that he was informed by his staff about the fire and that the resort, a Coppola Family Property, was insured with RFG Insurance.
No one was injured during the incident and the cost of damages to the building has not yet been determined.
Аdvеrtіѕе wіth thе most visited news site in Веlіzе ~ Wе оffеr fullу сuѕtоmіzаblе аnd flехіblе dіgіtаl mаrkеtіng расkаgеѕ. Yоur соntеnt іѕ dеlіvеrеd іnѕtаntlу tо thоuѕаndѕ оf uѕеrѕ іn Веlіzе аnd аbrоаd! Соntасt uѕ аt [email protected] оr саll uѕ аt 501-601-0315.
© 2021, BreakingBelizeNews.com. This article is the copyrighted property of Breaking Belize News. Written permission must be obtained before reprint in online or print media. REPRINTING CONTENT WITHOUT PERMISSION AND/OR PAYMENT IS THEFT AND PUNISHABLE BY LAW.