fbpx
BREAKING: Two-car accident reported on Philip Goldson Highway
January 2, 2022
Football Federation President gives year in review
January 2, 2022

Heading into the third year of the pandemic, reported COVID-19 cases over 290 million

Posted: Sunday, January 2, 2022. 5:30 pm CST.

By Benjamin Flowers: According to the World Health Organization, the first patients infected with the Sars-COVID-2 virus in Wuhan China were discovered in December 2019 and initially believed to be a cluster of cases of pneumonia. On January 1, 2020, the WHO set up the IMST (Incident Management Support Team) across the three levels of the organization: headquarters, regional headquarters, and country-level, putting the organization on an emergency footing for dealing with the outbreak.

Today, heading into the third year of the pandemic, Worldometer is reporting that there have been over 290 million people have contracted the COVID-19, the designated illness caused by the once novel coronavirus strain.

As of 1:30 p.m. on Sunday, January 2, 2022, the total number of reported cases was 290,108,906. There are over 30.1 million currently active cases with 0.3 percent of them
(89,558) listed as serious or critical and the others regarded as mild.

Deaths relating to the virus are now at 5,459,342, which represents 2 percent of all closed cases while the other 98 percent (254,409,418 cases) represent those who have recovered from infection.

Over 55.8 million people were reported to be infected in the United States since the start of the pandemic, with 847,162 dying from infection; making the US the hardest-hit country in the world.

India reported over 34.8 million cases and 481,770 deaths, while Brazil reported 22.2 million cases and 619,139 deaths, making them the second and third-hardest hit countries respectively.

Belize has recorded 32,840 cases with 602 deaths.

 

Advertise with the mоѕt vіѕіtеd nеwѕ ѕіtе іn Belize ~ We offer fully customizable and flexible digital marketing packages. Your content is delivered instantly to thousands of users in Belize and abroad! Contact us at mаrkеtіng@brеаkіngbеlіzеnеwѕ.соm or call us at 501-612-0315.

 

© 2022, BreakingBelizeNews.com. Content is copyrighted and requires written permission for reprinting in online or print media. Theft of content without permission/payment is punishable by law.

Comments

  • Galen University
  • Belmopan Aggregates
  • larry waight
  • Belmopan Aggregates
  • cahal pech village resort
  • Galen University
  • Belmopan Aggregates
  • Belmopan Aggregates